Rachel and Jason have 20 weeks left in Nashville until they move to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Their goal is go do at least 1 memorable thing every week.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Welcome to the 20 weeks in Nashville blog!

Hey there, and welcome to our blog!

Let me start out by telling you a little bit about us, and what we are up to here.

My name is Jason, and I moved to Nashville last August in search of the American dream. No, I wasn't looking to be the next Garth Brooks and win a Grammy....I thought I had a job lined up with the Nashville Predators hockey team. After working with their minor league team, the Milwaukee Admirals, for three years I thought I was making the jump to the NHL, to fulfill a dream. Well sadly, that didn't pan out, and I lost out to the "old buddy network" and lost my opportunity to a couple friends of the boss who had no experience.

After I got kicked in the gut by the NHL, I honestly never really gave Nashville a chance. I really haven't been happy ever since. My time here hasn't been all for naught though. I met an amazing woman named Rachel, and now I'm kidnapping her and taking her back to my homeland of Wisconsin. I honestly feel like the luckiest guy in the world for having an amazing girlfriend who is willing to move across the country for me.

We have about 20 weeks left in Nashville and are hoping to make the best of it. We will be looking to hit all the hot spots in the city. We will set out to do 1 "Nashville" thing a week and blog all about it. And hopefully, once we get to Milwaukee in August, we'll flip this around, and blog about our first 20 weeks in Milwaukee.

Here are some of the things we are thinking about doing. We would love some suggestions on what else we have to hit that is "definitely Nashville"

  • Country Music Hall of Fame
  • Ryman Auditorium backstage tour
  • Parthenon and Frist Museums
  • Nashtrash Tour
  • Monell's
  • A night of good ole honkey tonkin and have a beer on the Shelby Street Bridge
  • Tour of stars homes
  • Music City Queen boat tour
  • Make a piece of pottery at All Fired Up
  • Pie Wagon
  • Belle Meade/Hermitage/Cheekwood tour

We would definitely love some suggestions and who knows where we could take this :)

Thanks for reading,

Rachel and Jason

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the Preds job following through, Jason, but here's hoping you don't hold it against the organization as a whole! We love our team and support through thick and thin.

    Enjoy your remaining time here in Music City and best of luck in your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ,

    Thanks alot, thanks for being the first comment...good to see that someone is reading!

    ReplyDelete